Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Express Fisherman/ Walkaround/ Explorer Rebuilds

Fuel Sender Location (if there is one?) on a 1981 246XF

(1/1)

captaincahill8:
I am currently SOOOO close to finishing up my redo of my 1981 246XF. I have just set the 250hp HPDI on the back of it and have the gauges all wired in. I was lucky to be given the Yamaha speedo from my father-in-law which saved me some coin. (I have already paid him back in beer and good whiskey) But to get to the point I went to wire in the fuel sender, but Im not seeing any wiring coming from anywhere under the coffin lid. I also used a little snake camera to peek around and Im not seeing anything coming from the top of the tank that resembles the sending unit. Since Im in Connecticut and don't want to take the lid off and risk the innards of the boat getting wet. Can anyone help point me in the direction of where the sender could be if there is one even installed on the tank?

mshugg:
There should be a round access plate somewhere near the pedestal seats.  If you unscrew it, you should see the sender along with your tank’s hose connections.

Capt. Bob:
My sender wire (pink) exited 90 degrees out of the tank coffin to the right (looking at your helm). Another thought is that since it's an 81, there is a really good chance that the original tank has been change out. There may never had been a sender installed.
Another possibility is that you are looking at the original tank and it may not have came with an electrical sender but rather a mechanical one fitted to an antilog gauge on top of the tank. My 84 CCP was set up that way from the factory.

Good luck. :thumright:

+2 on the deck plate!

captaincahill8:
Thanks guys! I don't know why I didn't think of this.... I took my little snake cam and looked in the tank. There isn't a sending float hanging down in the tank. Which would explain why near my tank hose fittings there isn't one! So ill have to explore setting one up on the tank, or Ill just carry a nice yard stick to dip every time I use the boat  :hee20hee20hee:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version