Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: 1978 magazine ad for 22.2 CCP - good for printing  (Read 4718 times)

March 13, 2005, 09:52:56 PM
Reply #15

JimCt

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 09:52:56 PM »
:oops:  :oops:  :oops: OOPS :oops:  :oops:  :oops: !
JimCT
------
\'74 22-2 inboard
HIN:ASPL0953M74J
Chrysler 318
------
\'74 Marshall 22

May 01, 2005, 02:47:51 PM
Reply #16

CajunSportsman

• Information Offline
    • http://www.redstick.com
Let's do the manual section right...
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 02:47:51 PM »
Would be nice if you could assign a year, length, model to everything you post in the photo gallery in general.  :idea:  Then you could easily browse/search by model, year, combos, etc.  Not only would this work for brochures, but for all pics.  :idea:  I love the scans that are there now but obviously, bandwidth is an issue and they're not as high quality as they could be.  If you just want to view, you should be able to see the smaller representation, if you want to print b/c you own the boat, you should be able to get the perfect scanned higher res version. :idea:

Also, because I develop web sites myself, I know these things take time and money to program and most of what's used here is somewhat "turn-key" and limited to what you can modify, but I'm just making a suggestion... :lol:   I mean if we're archiving this stuff for the ages, let's have a quality copy available.  I'd be more apt to bid on something I can get from eBay when I see it come up if I know I could add to the definitive online archive that would allow all users to benefit with a near-original copy for years to come.  :!:  I'm sure most feel the same.  

Maybe we could designate someone (I'd volunteer) to be the "official archive scanner" and if we can get our hands on this invaluable stuff, we could mail the originals to the volunteer who could get a quality scan and post the low and high res versions and mail it back to the contributor.  :idea:  If it can't be done here, I'll have it done and will contribute the manual gallery application if Captain will agree to it.  :shock:  I think it's that important to have high quality versions of this stuff available.
- Cajun Sportsman
  1984 222 CCP
  1986 Osprey 20

May 02, 2005, 12:07:48 PM
Reply #17

steved

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 12:07:48 PM »
thanks for the good suggestions. Actually, what you suggest is our intention already. All of the brochure and ad material that I put up WAS scanned at high res. Unfortunately, the system automatically downscaled them. That has been rectified - images uploaded now are definitely high enough res to print. When I get time, I need to delete all of the stuff from before the system correction and then upload it again.  

In addition, I did a poll asking whether users would be interested in compiled versions of the brochures, etc. in high res. People have said " yes"  so I will get to that too.  What I have in mind is to create a pdf from the scanned images. That will get it back as close to the orginal brochure as we can.

I totally agree with the concept of assigning keywords (model and date for sure) to all images. As another part of the history project, I am putting together a year-by-year list of models. Once that is done, we can assign images in a way that will make them most useful.

I see that you design websites. I am also in the field of strategic communication and would love to "talk shop" a bit. I will send you a private message on that and perhaps we can jointly come up with some ideas.

Steve
22.2 CCP (1982)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal