Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > 270/281/286/ 290 XF/Osprey Owners Group

new member would like to know what I have

(1/1)

jdodd:
Hi guys
I have just aquired a 1984 27 ft aquasport, "Sea Toy" which I think is a 270xf with dual evinrude 225s on it
I have the hull number if anyone out there can interpet it to let me know for sure ...I was told that maybe only 5 of these were made. at any rate the hull is in great shape as it has set undercover (for the most part) since 2003 and been in the water very little since 2001 .. it has a very nice tower with fold down top, radar which works and an old gps which also works... but the engines are a bit of an unknown at the moment ..will be checking them out over the next 2 weeks ...

jd

steved:
Welcome aboard!  Have a look at this page from a 1980s Aquasport brochure that I have posted online.  If this is what you have, then its a 270xf. http://www.classicaquasport.com/gallery/data/514/27br2-12a.jpg

jdodd:
except for the missing outboards and the fact that mine has a fold-a-way top on the tower ..that's identical ... does that mean I could put inboards in mine ??? grin mmm maybe a pair of 170hp perkins or cats .. that would make a very sweet boat out of it ...not that its not already ..but those outboards do suck gas...
thanks for the picture and quick reply ...I knew I was going to like this board ...
jd

JimCt:
Excerpts from a couple of '80's brochures...  One with bracketed twins, the other an inboard.  Either way, a great boat for extended fishing or cruising.

jdodd:
now I have something to show my friends and to beinspired ... now if I could just find a wireing diagram .... and figure out how to get to the oil tanks and figure out if it has a holding tank and where its located ...so many questions ... ... thanks a ton ...
john dodd
"Sea Toy"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version