You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 281 Center console  (Read 1215 times)

May 14, 2006, 11:25:24 PM
Read 1215 times

Anonymous

281 Center console
« on: May 14, 2006, 11:25:24 PM »
I also have a question about these hulls. How well do they ride? are they still wet despite its length? Personal opinions?

May 16, 2006, 11:00:59 AM
Reply #1

Keith Knecht

• Information Offline
    • http://MinnowsandMonsters.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:00:59 AM »
Hi BiteEm,

I've had two.  I've had them powered with twin Yamies. 150HP, 200 HP, and 250 HP.  Only about 7mph diff at top end from the 150's to the 250's.  150's will push it at 40 MPH but burn a lot of gas. Best setup is the 200's unless you really get it loaded down.  It rides like a TANK.  I can't imagine it pounding unless it's really rough and you're running in the 30's.  It is a wet boat like all the rest.  Great fishing boat with a lot of room.  9' 7 1/2" beam makes it very stable at anchor.  Be prepared to burn some gass pushing a 2.5 ton hull and that's dry weight.  Add another ton if you fill both of the tanks.  Loved both of mine but live on a shallow canal now and couldn't get it in and out even though you can run it in two feet of water.  If you want a great offshore fishing boat with lots of room and don't mind a little spray then it's the boat for you.  Oh, you will need stock in an oil company to fill those two 125 gallon tanks.  Hope that helps.  Happy to answer any specific questions that you might have.  Be sure to check the transom.  The scuppers and drain plug hole were not sealed properly on most of them and I've never seen one that the front tank's gauge worked.  The sending unit is burried with no access unless you cut one.

Keith

May 23, 2006, 04:08:21 PM
Reply #2

Argo

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:08:21 PM »
I will say one thing about these boats, they are WET as hell.  But they are heavy and they land relatively smooth and do not pound one bit.  I have been on a few other guys boats that will remain nameless, they pound the crap out of you, one of them was a wellcraft coastal 26' boat.  another was a mako 26' boat, both cuddy cabin style.  They were both wet and pounded the crap out of you.  My aquasport does not pound, is very stable at drift/anchor and is wet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal