Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Paints, topsides and bottom and Gelcoat Topics

Bottom paint

(1/2) > >>

Mwar410:
My Maine boating season is coming to an end, so it’s time to send it south for the winter. Here’s my dilemma. I never worried about the bottom paint because it’s never left in the water, but now I’ve got a wet slip and it’ll be in there anywhere from 3-15 days while I’m down in Fla. i purchased some Petit vivid, is this my best option? I mean other than hauling it out everyday. It’s good paint up north but I’m not sure about the warm waters.

RickK:
That's what I have on my Explorer. She doesn't spend more than 3-4 days at a time in the water but no problems. It scrubs up pretty good if you get it while it's still wet.

Mwar410:
Thank Rick, I was hoping you would chime in. It gets lightly pressure washed every time it gets home, And they say the dry time doesn’t really effect it

RickK:
Lightly is the key word here

Mwar410:
Well I finally found some well needed shop time last week. Stripped the bottom, put a little lipstick on, few little upgrades and a quick service, it’s ready to head down south .

Hated to put the bottom paint on it but it came out pretty good. There was the point where I was contemplating putting the VC17 to it, because it was completely stripped down to the gel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version