You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1987 250XF Livewell plumbing.  (Read 447 times)

May 16, 2014, 03:11:31 PM
Read 447 times

rtartar

• Information Offline
1987 250XF Livewell plumbing.
« on: May 16, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »
I have had a new livewell pump added to replace my old one.  I got a new Rule Tournament series.  The issue, by the time I shrink it down to 3/4 (crappy) hose that goes to my faucet.  A lot of the water is not getting there.  

I have a removable bait well that I set behind the passenger seat.  I want to possibly add a 1" or 1 1/8" host from the back pump under the floor and add some type of faucet or port so that I can remove the old faucet from the battery compartment and add a washdown hose near the passenger seat.   Not sure how to get a 1" hose from the back where the pump is to the passenger side.  Does anybody have any pics of the floor removed so I can see what I am getting myself into?  

I did cut a hole in the side and added a 1 1/2" bronze fitting for a drain.  I can cap it off with a bronze threaded cap and put a port cover on the drain for when scalloping or beaching it when there is no use for the live well.  This works extremely well.  

I had to move the baitwell as my boat has a Verado 250 (heavy) and was tired of getting water into the back of my boat.  I did do some wings back there and that helps, but moving 30 gallons of water by the passenger seat really helped.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.

May 16, 2014, 03:50:46 PM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1987 250XF Livewell plumbing.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 03:50:46 PM »
Quote from: "rtartar"
  Not sure how to get a 1" hose from the back where the pump is to the passenger side.  Does anybody have any pics of the floor removed so I can see what I am getting myself into?  

I would think your best bet is to remove the tank hatch. That should give you a good path to follow from starboard to port. You may need to drill a couple of holes in order to route the hose through the tank coffin itself.

An alternate route would be across the stringers in the stern parallel to the transom. My CCP was notched in this area but......
It was foamed between the hull side and the stringer. Still, there may be enough room to squeeze between the liner side and the hull but it could be tight. You will still need an access (if you don't have one on that port side).

Is your deck layout similar to this?

This is probably a little closer.
viewtopic.php?p=30358#p30358

Don't have much on these for a rebuild.

I'm thinking the first option may be your best solution.

Good luck.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

May 17, 2014, 12:55:13 PM
Reply #2

rtartar

• Information Offline
Re: 1987 250XF Livewell plumbing.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
Definitely sounds like that is my best option.  Problem may be getting by the stringer up front.  maybe just put some type of connector in the floor there.  Maybe even just in the tank cover itself would probably work for me.  BTW, very nice job on the gel coat.  I think I need to gel coat my floor.  it's wearing thin in a few spaces.  Been doing a lot of fishing this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal