You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Osprey Style Hull Rebuilds

Self Bailing vs Gunnel Height vs Raised Deck Flatback & Semi Vee

(1/2) > >>

Ulysses485:
So i am brain storming (so many options and decisions to make with boats).....and trying to determine why everyone has to raise 3-4 inches with new builds. Is it for safe measure, keep it high and dry, CYA sort of speak? I am working with an 81' Semi Vee 222 (just doing some paint but planning for complete rebuild in 3-5 years) and considering the recess towards the back, i would think raising that to deck height would be sufficient for self bailing if a simple T Top was added.

Does it have to do with the common Towers, AND built in live wells (mostly at transom), AND 4 stroke's hanging off the back?

I am also itching to get started early with a Flatback build ( so i can have the 81' to fish) and i am curious with how the original and rebuilt gunnel heights compare. Is there an option to do a poll on here?

Any input (with measurements) would be great. Ill throw mine up later tonight.

Thank You

Ulysses

mshugg:
I raised the deck on my 200 CCP 1” and it’s completely self bailing with two people standing in the stern. 

Ulysses485:

--- Quote from: mshugg on May 19, 2020, 12:52:28 PM ---I raised the deck on my 200 CCP 1” and it’s completely self bailing with two people standing in the stern.

--- End quote ---

Can you include your setup? An overall photo not the boat works too :)

wingnut:
My guess is it totally depends on the boat.

I did not raise my 170 decks at all and it is self bailing, fully loaded. I DID move fuel tank forward considerably and I think it balances just right.

I hear the Mako 19 decks had to be raised upwards of 5" to be self bailing.

Everything is a tradeoff!

mshugg:

--- Quote from: Ulysses485 on May 19, 2020, 02:25:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: mshugg on May 19, 2020, 12:52:28 PM ---I raised the deck on my 200 CCP 1” and it’s completely self bailing with two people standing in the stern.

--- End quote ---

Can you include your setup? An overall photo not the boat works too :)

--- End quote ---

Here’s a stern shot from before I had the motor mounted. 

The details of my scuppers and all are spread throughout the rebuild thread: https://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=13659.0

Check it out, and let me know if you have any questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version