Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Livewell  (Read 3533 times)

October 05, 2007, 10:29:24 PM
Reply #15

nighthawk

• Information Offline
livewell
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:29:24 PM »
Have an '88 17' Aquasport that had a cooler livewell installed in front of the console.  The console wasn't yet drilled out for a livewell.  I removed the cooler livewell & used the fittings & hoses on the console.  Steps used:
1.  Drilled 1" hole in Rt side of inside tank (just so edge touches bottom of tank)
2.  Drill 1" hole in outside of console so a piece of 1" PVC pipe can be installed & epoxyed into place. (use rubber plug inside to keep water in)
3. Drill & install "L" fitting for 1 1/2" hose near top of tank in front.
4.  Drill & install "L" fitting for 1/2" hose near top of tank on Right side.
5.  Install 800 GPH pump on transome & run hose over top & up along inside to 1/2" fitting.
6.  Go to Lowes & get 1 1/2" Dia. hose to run from "L" fitting down side next to pick up tube & remove Left side scupper & insert hose in opening.

You'll find that this rig keeps a livewell full of peanuts or herring very lively.  Also keeps fluke alive all day.

When finished, remove rubber plug from inside & let tank drain down the floor & out the Rt. scupper.

Will take pics of mine & send you sunday or monday if you wish.

Semper Fi
Russ

October 06, 2007, 12:00:06 PM
Reply #16

Miguel

• Information Offline
  • Panama
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
Nice boat you have there.  I really like the paint job
HereĀ“s what I did on my 1985 170.  My boat did not hace any holes in that compartment, as it was only meant for dry storage.  I drilled a hole in the back right corner of the tank and inserted a brass drain with a plug.  Then, i used a piece of hose to let it drain thorugh a thru-hull installed on the side of the console.  It drains directly on the deck, but this only happens at the end of the day.
I then installed a Rule 360gph livewell pump on the lower right corner of the tank, which sends water to the top of the tank by means of another hose that goes back inside the tank through a thru-hull which has a piece of PVC pipe connected to it.  The PVC was drilled with lots of little downward facing holes so water gets oxygenated a little.  
This setup provides for a good recirculating well, but depending on your bait, you may need to change water a couple of times during the day.  In my case, this gets accomplished by using a 5 gallon bucket.  I think this is the best alternative that does not involve drilling holes in your hull or having drain and intake pipes lying on the deck.  In this boat it is really hard to install a hose from the transom to the console under the deck.
Miguel
1985 Osprey 170 / 1992 115HP Mariner
[/url]

October 06, 2007, 02:10:54 PM
Reply #17

billh1963

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »
Nice looking Aquasport. My 19-6 is in Beaufort....looks like it will have some company!
2008 MayCraft 18

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal