Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Leaning post / console space  (Read 304 times)

April 17, 2021, 02:16:27 PM
Read 304 times

John G

• Information Offline
Leaning post / console space
« on: April 17, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm adding a leaning post to my '73 19-6.  Any idea as to a starting distance between the leaning post and the console?  I understand it will be what's comfortable for me, but not having experience I would hate to get out on the water only to learn that I mounted it too close or too far away. I'm trying to avoid unnecessary holes in the deck.

April 17, 2021, 08:03:23 PM
Reply #1

boatnamesue

• Information Offline
  • Jason
Re: Leaning post / console space
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 08:03:23 PM »
You'll be able to pinpoint the sweet spot position of the leaning post by just resting it on deck unsecured, moving it fwd/aft to find what's comfortable.  Ultimately you'll want enough room away from the console to allow clearance for your knee's when sitting on the leaning post, and be close enough to the console so you're not having to bend too far at the waist to reach the steering wheel.  If the console electronics access hatch faces aft then the amount of space between the console and leaning post plays a part here....the closer the leaning post is to the console the harder it will be to wedge yourself in between to work on electronics inside the access.
---------------
Jason
1976 AS 170
1998 S115TLRW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal