You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 196 fuel tank withdraw tube/sending unit placement, new tank  (Read 334 times)

February 11, 2014, 10:28:14 PM
Read 334 times

aquaprouts

• Information Offline
196 fuel tank withdraw tube/sending unit placement, new tank
« on: February 11, 2014, 10:28:14 PM »
Having a 196 tank built shortly....have the opportunity to place the withdraw tube and sending unit anywhere on the tank and was thinking of placing both at the very back/stearn center of tank maybe several inches forward of the stearn edge line.   The old tank was not on the boat but am fairly sure the fill, vent, sending unit(if there ever was one) and withdraw tube were all located near the tanks center under the only existing 6" deck plate at the stearn edge of the center console(my fill and vent will be here as newer hose was installed to this point on the old tank and no sense replacing it).....Is there an advantage to placing the withdraw tube and sending unit at the very rear of the tank with the angle the 196 sits/rides in the water.... want good accuracy of the sending unit and withdraw at the low point in tank.   Does anyone suggest venting the coffin box?  If so, how?  Thanks for your help!!!!!

February 12, 2014, 09:26:11 AM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 196 fuel tank withdraw tube/sending unit placement, new
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »
When I had my new tank built, I had the pick up tubes (I have two) located in the stern/rear section of the tank. The sender unit is located there (in front of the pick up) also. The tank has baffles so I don't overly concern myself with severe fuel shifting and try not to let myself get into a very low fuel condition at sea. I located the pick ups in the rear to shorten the distance (to some degree) to the motor and to allow seasonal draining of the tank by raising the bow while on the trailer.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal