You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: An update  (Read 165 times)

April 16, 2023, 02:45:07 PM
Read 165 times

DOCREED

• Information Offline
An update
« on: April 16, 2023, 02:45:07 PM »
It has been a long time since my last post.  A few things have happened.  (duh)  i spent a week in the hospital a few years ago.  After working for years in a hospital, I have decided that I dont like being a patient in a hospital---at all.  I survived it.  I sold my '89 250 CCP. i was having trouble getting on the boat while its on the lift and it needed some work.  I thought i would pass it on to someone else that could maintain it properly.  So for the first time since 1958 I am boatless.   I moved to a house without a lift and not on the water. After moving I thought it might have been a bad idea.  Then Hurricane Ian passed through the Cape.  The new house was dry and a bone.  No water, electricity ,TV or internet.   Other then those few items everything was fine.  The old house was not as lucky.  The pool cage was in a ball.  Half in the pool and half on the lawn.  There had been 3-4 feet of water in the house.  You could see the waterline on the walls. The light tan carpeting was now black with mud. It was a mess.  it has since been torn down.  The seawall was damaged, roof, all cabinets and appliances would have to be replaced.  Sheet rock and new flooring, pool cage ,pool pump and filter,  boat lift motors and switches. The good news is I wasnt there when this happened.  The old Cheoy Lee survived with out any major damage.   That is everything that has happened so far...
So now im just having fun and getting older!!  :a0006:
89 250 CCP
full transom
Twin Merc 150\'s......thirsty?  YES they are.

April 16, 2023, 06:08:22 PM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: An update
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 06:08:22 PM »
Welcome home Doc.

Life does indeed go on. I look at the Aqua nearly every day and yet it hasn't moved in two years come June.

Good luck with the rebuild. Sounds like Andrew without the water.

Again, welcome back! :thumright:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

April 17, 2023, 05:57:49 AM
Reply #2

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: An update
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 05:57:49 AM »
Hey Doc, good to see you still up and around.   :thumleft:  I was looking through some of our gatherings and I wondered if you had just sailed off on that big boat you were captain on, to some tropical destination.
Glad you made it through the hospital ordeal.  I was in the hospital last year (March) for 2 weeks. My gall bladder tried to take me out. Instead, it got taken out about a month later after all the sepsis and infection was conquered. I was on pepperacillin IV for 7 weeks. It was an ugly ordeal and I realized that the beds in the hospital were the worst I'd ever slept in.
Hurricane Ian was pretty brutal for us in Sarasota too but not to the extent that you southern guys encountered. Seems it caught us all off guard because it was forecast to go north and make landfall in Tampa. So much for forecasting. I am finally getting my oak trees trimmed up this Thursday.  The north side of each of them was just ripped apart by the storm. There is a big void of limbs and foliage on the north side of each tree.

Good to see you back  :nSalute:
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal