Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Need advice - 222 - Value?  (Read 280 times)

May 25, 2020, 08:47:08 AM
Read 280 times

Fernandina222

• Information Offline
Need advice - 222 - Value?
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:47:08 AM »
Good Morning All and Happy Memorial Day!

I wanted to solicit suggestions from any and all members about a 1986 222 I have and not sure what to do with?

A quick back story - My family got caught in a storm off of Cumberland Island with 5 small kids so we went in to the beach for a little shelter for the kids with the boat anchored off shore. Them storm and wind got quite a bit worse and ended up spinning the boat around getting the anchor line wrapped around the motor. After the transom was facing the waves it was all over but the crying. The boat flipped over in the surf. I returned in a couple days and the park service helped me flip the boat right side up on the beach. In a few more days, I returned with a buddy in his boat to pull it off of the beach back home. It has been on the trailer now ever since in our storage lot.
  Fast forward to now and I am trying to figure out out if the boat would have any value as a project boat? I do not have the skills or the time to take it on. The boat was my father's in Tampa and has been in our family for over 25 years. I would love to see someone give her new life but the reality is if thre is not a need I will have to look to scrap it.
  Please feel free to let me know any thoughts so I can best figure the next steps. I have a lot of pictures but only uploaded 3 for now to give everyone a visual of how it looked yesterday. The only actual hull damage there is was to the gunnel shown in the pic.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

May 26, 2020, 01:56:20 AM
Reply #1

Hooked-On-Shenanigans

• Information Offline
Re: Need advice - 222 - Value?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 01:56:20 AM »
Fernandina, i am local in Tampa and am interested in the project. You can PM me if interested, I’d love to check it out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal