Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Aquasport's Hialeah Plant Front Office  (Read 2186 times)

November 27, 2012, 09:58:41 AM
Reply #15

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: An odd Ad
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »
OK, here's what we do know.

On 6 June 1988, Aquasport Inc. commenced bankruptcy (Chapter 7) proceedings having filed (voluntary) earlier that year. The court at this time appointed a trustee for Aquasport Inc, Jeanette Tavormina.

13 June 1988, she files for a "shortening time for notice of sale" and asks that the sale be held at 23 June at 1:00PM. Everything is to be sold, including the "Aquasport" name, all copyrights and patents along with all real property. This would include of course the buildings and land they were erected on and everything inside and out. The whole enchilada.

28 June 1988, the trustee received deposit and entered into a contract for sale of the above with a company doing business as R.B.D.O.T.

11 July 1988 the court approved the sale to a company shown as R.B.D.O.T. for 3.4 million and relieved Aquasport Inc. of all debt from its creditors.

28 August 1988, the court approved an "Assignment" between Aquasport Marine Industries, Inc. (f/k/a R.B.D.O.T.) and Aquasport Marine Properties LTD. A Mr. William B. Nesbitt signed for both parties and was listed as "Vice President" for both.

31 August 1988, a Trustee's Special Warranty Deed and a Quit Claim Deed was granted from the trustee to Aquasport Marine Properties LTD. The deal was done.

This seems to support the thoughts and the information supplied by member Mike139 that indeed Aqua was building hulls in Hialeah in 89 and possibly 90 or longer????

As SB stated above, his knowledge is the 1993 Genmar deal. That would have been what I found reading about Minstar acquiring Aquasport debt in that year. Minstar was a Irwin Jacobs tool and Genmar was its parent company. Interesting stuff. There is a thread here (I'll have to search) that shows a portion of Genmar's holdings and timelines for same that has the 1993 date of acquisition of Aqua by Minstar. The missing pieces are the movement from Hialeah to Bradenton. It's out there somewhere, waiting to be found.

Lastly, I discovered a Security and Exchange Commission (I believe that was the document name) that listed Genmar's holdings for the year 1997. Interesting thing was that it listed all its boat building facilities and showed that Aquasport had two in Florida. The one known in Bradenton and one in Avon Park. Anybody know about this (Avon) facility. I myself never heard of it.

More to follow.

PS... I'm going to relocated this thread to the Discussion forum later today (probably tonight) so we can keep it going. Thanks for posting the photo J.J. because it will disappear when the e-bay auction ends and a tip-o-the-hat to Rick for jump starting the thread.

Mod Edit: Here's a link to a history (not current by a few years) for Genmar 's holdings. It has popped up on boating forums many times. Still, it defines the Minstar role as the foundation for Genmar's boating empire. It's good background if any of this peaks your interest.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company- ... c-history/

Link to Forum Thread
viewtopic.php?p=11766#p11766
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

November 27, 2012, 12:42:35 PM
Reply #16

wingtime

• Information Offline
    • http://50newtmotorclub.shutterfly.com/
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
I went and searched the Miami Dade Property appraisers web site.  It looks like the property was sold in August of 1988.  There was no copy of the deed available.  The next listed sale was in October of 1994 and the seller was listed as AMP (Aquasport Marine Properties).  The link to the deed is here: http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/Public-Records/Search.aspx?search=3&Rec_Book=16596&Rec_Page=0849
1998 Explorer w/ Etec 250

1987 170 w/ Evinrude 90

November 27, 2012, 03:07:47 PM
Reply #17

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »
Armed with Wing's info, it might appear that when Minstar acquired Aquasport (still no exact time determination), it did not buy the land and building(s)  :scratch: . The legal description from Wing's deed matches the legal from the last sale between Aquasport Inc. and Aquasport Marine Properties Ltd.

The actual deal was between AMP ENT LTD (f/k/a Aquasport Marine Properties Ltd) and 7925 W 2nd Corp (very original :roll:).
Stephen H. Cutler signed as President and Nancy Mulheren as sole limited partner for AMP. They gave a New York address. The buyer gave a name and address for the 7925 W 2nd Corp as Harry A. Katz located in an apartment in Palm Beach, (commercial slumlord?).

Anyway, it gives us another entity in looking for the tie to Genmar.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

November 27, 2012, 06:37:43 PM
Reply #18

John Jones

• Information Offline
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »
Quote from: "Capt. Bob"
Thanks for posting the photo J.J. because it will disappear when the e-bay auction ends

It's in my Photobucket.  Someone might want to save it or at least put it in the gallery.
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

November 27, 2012, 07:24:50 PM
Reply #19

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 07:24:50 PM »
Alright, I'm doing my part.  Sent an email to Todd and Sidney (and Bob Long) at Marine Concepts, also sent a message to Curt Jarson (he was AS sales and marketing director), they should know the transition from Hialeah to Bradesota (like that?).  Also found out, from Curt's FB page, that Donny Wadeck, our Scarab test driver and had been at the WC/AS plant like forever, is now with Yellowfin CS.  That's another shot...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

November 27, 2012, 08:39:38 PM
Reply #20

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »
Thanks SB. If ya get a chance ask about the Avon Park site. :scratch:

JJ, I have it on my hard drive but I'll stick it on the Gallery. :idea:
]
Capt. Bob