Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: How to post pix in your post  (Read 7816 times)

January 11, 2015, 07:53:55 AM
Read 7816 times

RickK

• Information Online
  • Administrator
How to post pix in your post
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:53:55 AM »
Here is a short tutorial on how to post pix in your topic or post.
The first and most important thing to do is get your pix into your photo gallery here on ClassicAquasport.com.

1: Find the gallery button on the menu bar.  If you are using one of our other themes, find the gallery button.  Click that.

2: If you see the login button click it

and enter the same credentials you use on the main site and click submit.  You should only have to do this once and the system will remember you.

3: You are now in your gallery.  At the top you see "My Photos" and "My Albums" among other buttons.  If you want to group specific pix together you can create an

album and upload them into that otherwise if you click the "Upload Photos" button they will go into the "My Photos" album.

4: Click the"Upload Photos" button.

This screen shows that I am in My gallery.  I can now start uploading my pix into my member gallery.  Click the Browse button and locate your picture to be uploaded.

You can select up to 5 pix to upload at one time.  Right below that you can, if you want, add a titile - not required though. You can also enter a description if you

desire - again, not required.  5: At the bottom you see the  "Upload/Submit" button, click that.

6: You get this intermediate screen, click "Process".

7: The picture is now in your gallery and you can see that the photo gallery automatically sized the picture for you. (640 x 480)  This is the best size for posting.

That was the hard part.

8: To post the picture in your topic or post, click the picture you want to post

9: The picture will appear and to the right you will see some information, options and some image code.  If you click inside the box next to "Linked Image" it will

highlight the code that you need to post in your topic.

10: Now you can right-click/copy or press Ctrl & C keys at the same time to get the code into your computer memory.

11: Now go to your topic (it is easier, at this point, to have multiple tabs open in your browser so you can go back and forth)

At the point in your topic that you want the picture, right-click/paste or press the Ctrl & V key at the same time to paste the code into your topic.  If you are

adding multiple pix please add a blank line between them to give the readers a visual break. When finished click the "Post" button.

And now the picture(s) are part of your post.

Simple as that.  :08:
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

January 16, 2015, 07:28:23 AM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Online
  • Administrator
Re: How to post pix in your post
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:28:23 AM »
I have noticed a confusing functionality of the SMF posting page.  If you want to insert an image and click on the Insert Image button to do this

It doesn't follow the usual BBC (Bulletin Board Code) used everywhere else or maybe the authors thought they would help us out and make it easier, ending up making it confusing.
This popup appears and it wants you to ONLY enter the URL address, no BBC at all. No IMG or URL code.

If you paste the usual BBC that we've shown examples in the previous tutorial, it won't work.  All you'll see is a square in your post.
The easiest way is to follow the previous tutorial.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal