You reached the limit of pages to see for today

General Aquasport Forums > Electronics

Wire Fasteners/Organization

(1/2) > >>

CTsalt12:
Hi All,

I'm trying to organize the wiring inside my console.  End result is I want it neat and all wires routed on the outside of the console, out of the way, and secure, and I'm trying to determine the best way to do it. 

What I have now are nylon cable clamps, something like this: https://www.waytekwire.com/products/1378/Nylon-Cable-Clamps/

This requires presumably screwing these clamps into the console.  I'd prefer not to drill a whole much of screws into my console and risk spider cracks, etc.  It really seems this is what most consoles do though.  I'm wondering what everyone else is doing?  Epoxy starboard to then drill holes into, as opposed to fiberglass?  Any creative ways to get there wire clamps to adhere to the inside of the console?

RickK:
Yeah you have to line it or glue blocks where you need to attach the wires as you route it.

mshugg:
If you use Starboard don’t use epoxy to glue it in place.  Epoxy will hold for a while, but it won’t stick to the Starboard for long.  5200 works well enough, but you should rough up the back of the Starboard or even add saw kerfs. You will also need to tape the pieces in place until the 5200 cures. 

You could also use pvc strips.  Even the home store stuff will work,and epoxy bonds it quite well.  Painted strips of wood will work too.

wingtime:
Mount some pvc board inside the console and mount everything to that. Starboard is way overkill, expensive and heavy. You can get pvc board at home depot.

Bencarpenter112:

--- Quote from: RickK on July 25, 2018, 05:46:29 PM ---Yeah you have to line it or glue blocks where you need to attach the wires as you route it.

--- End quote ---

Rick here has what seems to be the easiest way at least in the three that I have done. I did core my sidewalls for charger and radio amp to screw into but gluing the zip tie blocks saves time and weight and you can always go back and add more. If you put in to many than you can always not use them as they dont take up any space. They are also cheap which is a plus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version