Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Through Hull Fitting Before Bait Pump  (Read 301 times)

October 15, 2017, 04:04:36 PM
Read 301 times

floridamisser52

• Information Offline
Through Hull Fitting Before Bait Pump
« on: October 15, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »
Hello SportFriends,
    My bait pump went out on my 98 175 . It's in the center console and had a gate valve before the pump. I replaced the pump and there was a gate valve before the pump. Can I just go without the valve? What's the issue if I don't? Also, on my fuse panel above, there's no power coming out of the wires coming out of that switch for the bait well pump. But there is power coming from the wires below the white square wafer thing directly below it. I'd like to fix it right, but got a fishing trip scheduled next week end.end so times slipping away.Already have a switch and if I can't figure out the white wafer thing my fix would be to just extend the pump wires with a heat shrink and ring connectors and put  the new switch on the switch panel above and put a little rubber boot on the switch .Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

October 16, 2017, 08:29:16 AM
Reply #1

mshugg

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
Re: Through Hull Fitting Before Bait Pump
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:29:16 AM »
A picture or two would be helpful so we can better advise you.  You have some kind of through hull fitting, then a gate valve, then the pump, Right?  If that's what you got, then the purpose of the valve safety.  If a case fails, you close it, so your boat doesn't sink.  I wouldn't remove it.

Not sure about the white wafer thing, most likely a fuse to protect your pump.  If so, you should replace it with a fuse of the amperage that the pump manufacturer recommends.  There's a lot of guess work here.  That's why pics would help.

October 16, 2017, 04:29:49 PM
Reply #2

floridamisser52

• Information Offline
Re: Through Hull Fitting Before Bait Pump
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:29:49 PM »
Thanks Hug.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal