Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: 175 OSPREY Leaning Post Install  (Read 1028 times)

August 29, 2014, 06:50:06 PM
Read 1028 times

BMAC1988

• Information Offline
175 OSPREY Leaning Post Install
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »
im putting a leaning post in my '95 175 osprey. ive read countless threads about mounting and know that the best thing to do it make/put brackets on the bottom side of the deck under the mounting pads for some added support. this was my plan but with my leaning post sitting where it needs to go I cannot get anything on the bottom side due to what I think is the stringers down the hull. I put my arm (almost got it stuck) in the hull port over the gas tank and reached over where the legs of the post are and I hit a wall under there. I don't know if the guy that put the new floor in ran some braces or if they are originals.

it seems my only option is to just use #14 SS screws and 5200 adhesive.  I had it shortened 2" (making it 30" from 32") so itd be more comfortable to sit on while driving if I didn't want to lean so that would take some leverage away and off the deck. now I just have to determine how far away from the console I want it.

heres a pic of somewhere close to where I think it needs to be. this is before I had it cut down
Brett

95 OSPREY 175, Suzuki Df140,  CMC High Speed Jack-Plate, Baystar hydraulic steering, Standard Horizon VHF,  Digital Antenna, Dual GARMIN 541S, BENNETT Tabs, S&E Customs Leaning Post, Dual Batteries, T-Top,

August 30, 2014, 10:48:39 AM
Reply #1

love2fish

• Information Offline
Re: 175 OSPREY Leaning Post Install
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
If you open that hatch again, angle a tape measure in there to measure where the inside edge of each of your stringers start: mark it with a piece of blue tape on your deck.
Not sure what kind of bilge access you have- but try doing the same thing there (might even be able to measure how thick/wide the stringers are if they are like the older stringers. Connect the ltape lines and you,ll know where your stringers are.

5200 and #14's should be strong- use judgement in rough conditions obviously. If you aren't on stringers- maybe con cider toggle bolts or pie plates and thru bolting with a 3/4 starboard or Aluminum backer plate.
Chris
\'74 22-2
Member #921

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal