You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: A little plumbing help needed - thanks  (Read 409 times)

November 12, 2013, 10:14:03 AM
Read 409 times

Bergertime

• Information Offline
A little plumbing help needed - thanks
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:03 AM »
I was over at a friend’s house yesterday helping him work through some issues.  We replaced his fresh water wash down pump with the standard Shurflo 3.5 GPM / 45 PSI pump but the nut that holds the output line onto the pump is starting to crack and will not hold much longer.  The hose is 3/8 polly water line which will not accept the standard threaded 3/8 barbed connector that comes with the pump.  Can any of you guys point me in the right direction on female threaded connector that I can use on 3/8 polly hose that will fit the Shurflo?  All of what I have seen on the net is the barb style which seems like it will not work with the non-flexible nature of the polly line.   Help please :)

BTW - If it makes any difference his boat is a 27 Hydrasport Vector.  

Thanks all!

B
98 245 Osprey / Johnson 225

November 12, 2013, 10:23:55 AM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: A little plumbing help needed - thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »
Bruce, most likely that is a Whale fitting.  That's what we used at Wellcraft.  Take a look at this manual, scroll down to 3/8" threaded fittings, pretty sure the female adapter is what he needs...http://www.whalepumps.com/marine/siteFi ... _aug08.pdf

HD may have what he needs in their plumbing dept.  Have him pull it off and take it up there.  I'm gonna run up there in a while, I'll check to see.  The hose is 15mm OD...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal