Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Asked 1 question got 3 different answers - Kicker motor  (Read 871 times)

July 18, 2013, 11:47:21 PM
Read 871 times

bondobill

• Information Offline
  • West Coast
    • http://www.charliesautobodyinc.com/
Asked 1 question got 3 different answers - Kicker motor
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »
Trying to buy a new kicker motor today.
First Yamaha dealer I called I told him what I wanted, he looked it up  gave me the model  number
T 9.9 xphb and a price, he said it was the new model, a little lighter, little more compact and a new choke design
Second dealer I called is closer to home but his prices are usually a little higher but I thought maybe I could get him to match the other guy
Gave them the model number I got from the other dealer and asked for a cash price......I be damned they where cheaper
When I questioned the salesman about the model number he said he quoted me a price for a T 9.9xpha, he said the only difference between the 2 was the decals on the hood.
While back to the Internet I go looking for the specs on the 2 model numbers
I get on the Yamaha site and sure enough they talk about the new lighter model T 9.9xphb
Now I am really getting frustrated so I decided to call another Yamaha dealer to see maybe if he can clear up what the other guys are telling me.
I give this dealer the same model number and he comes back with the same price and model number as the second dealer I called. When I asked him about the new model number , he was at least honest and said he knew nothing about it and that it was probably a new model that they weren't aware off

So I call 3 dealers....
One seems to know their stuff
One lies to me
One don't no chit, but is at least honest
I called back the first dealer I talked to and told him I would be in tomorrow to pick it up.

Keeping my fingers crossed it be the new model

Bill
1979 222 FF

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill

Bill

July 19, 2013, 12:31:55 AM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Asked 1 question got 3 different answers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:55 AM »
Good stuff :thumright:

In life...and in business....brothers, tell the truth. It may not be comfortable, convenient, or easy...but it will always be the truth. And later on.... you don't have to remember a lie to cover up with another one.

Bill, please keep us posted on your new model, looking forward to seeing what you get :bounce:  :thumright:

July 19, 2013, 10:09:20 AM
Reply #2

dburr

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Quote from: "bondobill"
So I call 3 dealers....
One seems to know their stuff
One lies to me
One don't no chit, but is at least honest
I called back the first dealer I talked to and told him I would be in tomorrow to pick it up.
Bill

What Scotty said x alot!! :thumright:

One of those life lessons that we all continue to learn..  There is always someone at the top of the class and someone at the bottom.  Everyone is quick to tell you they are at the top, yet no one says they were at the bottom….

Dishonest people need to crawl in a hole and stop breathing  :thumbdown: :pukel: ..

When the Old Man was still alive he told me of a similar situation but it was he dealing with Doctors..  Dad had something going wrong and there was no real diagnosis.. He said the first guy spoke like he was a medical dictionary and expected you to know what he was saying.. What that pompous a$$ didn’t know is that Dad had a damn good memory and looked up the stuff and found that while sounding good the guy said nothing..  

Second guy Dad saw could not be more apathetic if it was humanly possible without being dead.  
The third guy looked the Old Man straight in the eye and said “beats the chit out of me but I’ll find out”.  Dad was floored when the third guy called him a week later and said “we got it, come on in and we’ll get you fixed..”

Bill, the level of incompetence that is considered acceptable today is mind numbing.  At least you have the option of not doing business with them and that is a blessing!!  Looking forward to updates!!
Dave

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150
CAS # 2590

July 19, 2013, 10:17:40 AM
Reply #3

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
Good stuff Dave!!

My daddy's belt cured me of lying at around 14 or so :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

July 19, 2013, 10:47:23 AM
Reply #4

bondobill

• Information Offline
  • West Coast
    • http://www.charliesautobodyinc.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »
I can understand them trying to get rid of your old inventory, but you would think they could at least be honest about it.
With all the info available at the touch of the keyboard today, it makes it pretty damn easy to be caught lying.
The salesman that fibbed to me when I asked him about the new model # first off said there is no new model, the more I pushed him about it is when he said the only difference was the decals..........
Nothing like digging yourself a little deeper. :lol:

Bill
1979 222 FF

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill

Bill

July 19, 2013, 10:48:23 AM
Reply #5

dburr

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:48:23 AM »
Quote from: "gran398"
My daddy's belt cured me of lying at around 14 or so :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Dadblag Scotty you just gave me the heebegeebies!!!!  

At 14 I learned RIGHT AFTER confirmation class..  Mom smelled cigarette smoke on me and asked if I had been smoking, three of us little hoodlums had been…

So, young stupid me, thinking fast on my feet thought that if I threw Stevie under the bus at least my Mom wouldn't call his Mom and I’d be safe, so out came "Stevie was" and I sort of evaded the question...  

Well, the Old Man though less then nothing of that and educated me on the fact that "a knowing act of omission is the same as a flat our lie"  It was three licks with that old leather belt but man that left an impression and the cushion was removed from my chair at the dinner table :oops:...  Thank heaven that Mom talked the Old Man out of making me go tell Reverend Lee what I had done right after his class...
Dave

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150
CAS # 2590

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal