Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: 1988 Aquasport Osprey 175, few questions  (Read 491 times)

July 19, 2017, 02:12:55 PM
Read 491 times

bigwood333

• Information Offline
1988 Aquasport Osprey 175, few questions
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:12:55 PM »
Hello All! Been lurking for a while finally decided to post.

First and foremost thanks for the add and the site, great information here. If this is not in the correct area please let me know and I will move it.

So I have a 1988 Aquasport Osprey 175 with a 1988 Johnson 90 V4 VRO and looking for a few things.

First is does anyone have a wiring diagram for the kill switch under the ignition switch (adding a picture, sorry if the quality is low)? When turning over the motor I am having to push the kill switch in for it to start, when it does start it only stays on for a few seconds.

Second question is are all fuel sending units the same on boats? I am needing to replace mine and want to make sure I get the correct one. When I removed the sending unit from the tank it was completey gone....

Third question is does anyone know where I can get the boots/connector for the ignition coil wire. The one that comes from the power pack (I assume power pack) to the ignition coil, it sits right next to the spark plug wire. They look identical but it is smaller. Not very much help from local places, I went to NAPA and the manager was helpful but not able to find the parts I need.

Thanks in advance with any help. I am sure I will have more questions.

July 19, 2017, 02:59:09 PM
Reply #1

dbiscayne

• Information Offline
Re: 1988 Aquasport Osprey 175, few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:59:09 PM »
1.  can't help ya
2.  the fuel sending unit mounted in the tank can be bought two ways - specific to a tank depth or a generic model you adjust to fit.  If you can measure from the top of the tank down to the bottom, that'll give you enough info to buy either style - a generic sending unit gets adjusted based on your tank depth, instructions that come with them are pretty clear you basically adjust the vertical position of the pivot arm and the length of the pivot arm.
3.  can't help ya

July 19, 2017, 05:31:40 PM
Reply #2

bigwood333

• Information Offline
Re: 1988 Aquasport Osprey 175, few questions
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »
Thanks Dbiscayne!

I figured there would be a universal one that would work, all the ones I saw online had the same 5 hole screw mounting holes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal