You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Fixin The Sea Drive/ broke the last Bolt  (Read 212 times)

May 02, 2019, 03:59:19 PM
Read 212 times

smccall

• Information Offline
Fixin The Sea Drive/ broke the last Bolt
« on: May 02, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »
After rebuilding carbs and water pump and running on muffs, the alarm sounded and shut her off. Prior to alarm sounding, did some temp readings with infrared gun, port side was 115 degrees and starboard was 170/180 degrees . Trying to address starboard side heat issue, took off water jacket plate and broke 5 of 13 or so bolts. With water jacket now off , was able to map gas and vise grip 3 of the 5 water jacket bolts. That left 2. Easyouted # 2 and broke an easy out in the last one...jeez.
While mapp gassing, I noticed smoke coming out between the head and the block. Got the water jacket cleaned up, new gasket , new bolts and thread chased the holes, and with much difficulty, got it started. After warm up and no alarms, it would only continue to run by pumping the bulb every couple minutes. I did a compression test with a new harbor freight compression tester and it registers 7psi. Can’t be right. Alright.., what to do? I think 180 degrees on starboard bank is to much. Should I take these heads off and replace head gaskets? Do the port side water jacket too? Just need to get this motor in service. Thanks in advance.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal