Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: FREE SEX!!!!  (Read 496 times)

September 25, 2019, 09:30:14 AM
Read 496 times

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
FREE SEX!!!!
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:30:14 AM »
Now that I have everyone's attention, let's begin.
I'm sure you've noticed that some thread photos/sig/avatar photos here have become blurred and contain a Photobucket watermark. This is due to their (PB) latest policy concerning storage and bandwidth space that went into effect in July of this year IIRC. This is a continuation of PB policy changes that began a year or two ago. We found a workaround but that seems to no longer work so...

In an effort to continue to post photos to your threads, CAS Management asks that you use the Gallery Forum. There are several reasons why but first some Forum history.

Since the early days of CAS, the Gallery Forum has not exactly been the "cat's meow". It was a negative function when I joined the ranks so like many other members, I used a third party host called Photobucket. Many of us internet Forum users did this and now the free ride is over. Not only is this Forum affected but many throughout the internet kingdom have suffered the same fate.

Fast forward to several years ago. RickK aka "Fearless Leader" assumed control of CAS and make several important changes some of which were the site software and server hosting upgrades (which he fully funds). These upgrades now allow the full use of the Gallery Forum by its members. What is great about this feature?

Well, many of us use our smart phone to take pics of our work/outings/family/rebuilds etc. We often visit the site with our phones. While old guys like myself tend to prefer viewing on a larger device, I freely admit that I visit the site almost daily through my phone. That said, some members still attach said photos as files and with their hi-res phone cameras often run into a "file too large" message. This is easily avoided by first uploading that photo to the Forum Gallery from your phone. Even a Luddite like me can do it. Uploading to the Gallery has no file size limit. I'll say that again. "The CAS Forum Gallery has no upload file size limit". Your phone camera file size can be set to its max when you take that selfie of you covered in fiberglass dust from grinding, the Gallery doesn't care. Upload that iPhone/Android moment (whatever happened to Kodak?) directly to "Your Gallery" and it will size it accordingly. Now you can place it in your rebuild thread no problem. Best of all, it stays in your thread (unless you choose to remove it) for future reference and help to other members. Lastly you ask, "how much space do I get in my Gallery"? Unlimited. Again, Fearless Leader controls the upgrade when additional server space is required and it doesn't cost you a dime.

Moving forward, if you have been a PB user you have several options. You can pay the ransom and your photos will reappear (so they say). You can delete photos to make space and fall under the "free" level limits. Delete your account entirely or do nothing at all. If you notice the "broken link" symbol where a blurred photo was, it's probably due to the poster cleaning out their account with PB. While this is disappointing to our Forum (as well as others) there is nothing the Admins can do at this point, if ever so.....

If you are currently not a Gallery user, please click on the link below and give it a read. Yes, while there is a learning curve, if you follow the instructions in the link, it flattens very quickly.

https://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=12725.0

If you made it through this far, thank you. :salut:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal