Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Live well plumbing  (Read 525 times)

May 24, 2016, 10:22:39 AM
Read 525 times

tknuuttune

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Live well plumbing
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »
I have a 2000 Osprey 176 which has livewell setup below the seat in front of the console. I don't use it and don't need it so I'm using it as a storage area. But under the center console there's a black rubber hose that comes out of a access port and connects to the bottom of the livewell, I'm assuming that's the livewell drain hose. I'd like to disconnect that drain hose from the bottom of the well and stuff it down the access port so I have some room to put a couple of milk crates under the center console for extra storage. I don't know and can't see whats connected to the other end of that drain hose (down in the bilge somewhere?), so I'm worried if I stuff it down the access port, if its then below the water line, I could get water rushing in. Anyone know how all of that is plumbed?
Thanks

May 24, 2016, 12:35:57 PM
Reply #1

CLM65

• Information Offline
Re: Live well plumbing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
Have you tried pouring water in your livewell and looked to see where it is coming out?  This would be easier to do on a trailer, but if your boat is in the water, maybe you could add some dye to a gallon of water and dump it in and look around your boat for colored discharge.  I would be surprised if your livewell just drained into the bilge.  But I agree that you shouldn't just cut the line and stuff it below deck until you know where the other end goes.
Craig

2002 205 Osprey, 200 HP Yamaha OX66

1967 22-2 Flatback (Rebuild in progress)

May 26, 2016, 10:36:48 PM
Reply #2

tknuuttune

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Re: Live well plumbing
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
the boat is on a trailer so I did pour water in that hose and it drained out of the hole on the starboard side, just forward of the console and right on the water line. I had already cut the hose off the drain of the livewell so I got a cap at the hardware store and I'll seal that end of the hose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal