Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: 1990 Aquasport CCP Livewell and fish box operating/ plumbing questions???  (Read 1839 times)

July 13, 2015, 07:34:04 PM
Read 1839 times

Adam927

• Information Offline
Ok I am redoing my 1990 Aquasport 222CCp. I have been looking at the live well system wanting to make sure it works before using the boat. So I have a strainer in the back left corner under the boat with a shut off on it and remnants of a hose on it. Cant fine any other hose under there for it. So i look at how it works. It appears that it drains directly into my fish box which has a pump on it that drains it overboard out a thruhull fitting a little more than half way down the side of the boat. I have no idea how the live well gets water to it. If I run my garden hose in there it drains so fast into the fish box I cant keep water inside it. So I plugged off the drain. Let it fill up then turned on the pump. All the pump does is circulate the water from bottom to top. This all looks factory installed. So what am I missing???? There are no other pumps or inlets to get water into the live well. Why have a strainer for water intake if there is no need? Why does the live well not use the strainer to take in fresh ocean water? Why does it have a large drain in the bottom that goes into the fish box? It would need a massive GPH pump to overcome the drain and actually fill up so the circulator pump could move it around. Crazy!!!! Someone please help explain this to me.. :confused1: :a102:

July 14, 2015, 10:14:01 AM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
We've touched on this before so.....

First, we know that the coffin/fish box drains overboard (drain is located under coffin and in front of console).

Second, I'm not sure the forward compartment was meant to be a live well (though anything is possible) but rather a "cooler" that drained into the coffin. 

The live well was in the stern section on my older CCP and was fed through a pickup mounted through the transom.

See first pic:
http://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=6577.0

Note pick up lies between motor mount area and bilge drain plug.

It too had a bilge/recirc. pump. Water entered while underway and there was a shut off valve (IIRC) mounted on the pickup. Of course this model was 6 years prior to yours.

Again, some pics would help.

PS.... I thought you found the pickup?
http://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=12801.msg129510#msg129510
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

July 14, 2015, 10:31:29 AM
Reply #2

Adam927

• Information Offline
Capt. Bob
 I do indeed have a pickup in the rear of my boat. However there is no plumbing for it and no pump to pull in water. No sign that their ever was a pump. There is a small piece of hose on the fitting where the thruhull pick up is. So something was there at 1 time. I will take pics now and add them to my gallery. but for some reason I can never get them to post to my postings. Stay tuned pics coming. If that is a cooler then why have a recirculating aerator pump in there.

July 14, 2015, 10:44:08 AM
Reply #3

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
If that is a cooler then why have a recirculating aerator pump in there.

Installed by a previous owner? :ScrChin:

EDIT:
You don't have a coffin box on that model. You have deck hatches. Please include a pic or two of the deck in the stern.

Thanks. :thumright:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

July 14, 2015, 11:09:40 AM
Reply #4

Adam927

• Information Offline
I took some pics of what is going on in there. I uploaded them to the gallery. I will take a couple of the rear of the boat now and add them.

September 25, 2015, 08:34:22 AM
Reply #5

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1990 Aquasport CCP Livewell and fish box operating/ plumbing questions???
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
Adam,
I must have missed this completely :oops: so.......

Did you ever resolve this ?

If so, what is the wiring going into the bait/live well?

Your seacock probably could use a little work but yes, it most likely had a pump that would fill the well.

I can't tell from this shot if/where the intake from the seacock would be. Is there another "hole" in the well not pictured?

Is there a pump under the bracket in the fish box? I see the wiring so did that turn out to be the fish box pump out?

I would think the switches in the console box energized the fish box pump out and the live well recirc. pump. I'm guessing it drained by gravity.

Let us know how it worked out. We don't see a circa 1990 CCP very often and pics of what you worked out would be appreciated. Again, sorry for the late response.

Good luck. :thumright:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

September 24, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
Reply #6

Kurt222CCP

• Information Offline
Re: 1990 Aquasport CCP Livewell and fish box operating/ plumbing questions???
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »
Adam,
I must have missed this completely :oops: so.......

Did you ever resolve this ?

If so, what is the wiring going into the bait/live well?

Let us know how it worked out. We don't see a circa 1990 CCP very often and pics of what you worked out would be appreciated. Again, sorry for the late response.

Good luck. :thumright:
Hello. I have this exact setup I am trying to figure out myself. Only thing i'm missing is that pump in the fishbox. What exactly is that doing and where is the plumbing supposed to go?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal