Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: 1978 200 ccp semi-rebuild  (Read 3722 times)

October 20, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
Reply #30

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: 1978 200 ccp semi-rebuild
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
Quote from: "marcoislander23"
Guys i can see the peices coming together now. the console is fully prepped for gelcoat, deck is sanded, splashwell is prepped to be fiberglassed in we have all the lights, small hardware, the electronic box for t top is primed and is recieving first layer of paint tomorrow. we have decided to (hopefully soon) paint the outside hull alwgrip fighting lady yellow, and from rubrail to bottom of gunnels in awlgrip white we also cored the center console with 2x6's for t top reinforcement. plan for tommorrow is to fiberglass splashwell, and core the aft boxes for there new seats. the core for the seats will be 2 layers of 3/4 inch plywood. pictures tommorrow YAY!!

Excellent!

Glass that plywood all sides, heavier on the tops.

Take your time, get her right...and keep posting pics :thumright:

October 21, 2012, 02:02:56 PM
Reply #31

marcoislander23

• Information Offline
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
oh yah trust me we took our time and the fiberglass layup is perfect on all sides luckily my dad has done tons of fiberglass work years before so he has taught me a lot i have started to do a few on my own and i honeslty think my layups look better and are stronger than his, i am getting my camera charged so i can get some pics for you guys.

October 22, 2012, 06:47:15 PM
Reply #32

marcoislander23

• Information Offline
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »

where we fiberglassed 2 2x6's into the center console for t top reinforcement.

all the old screw holes now filled in with cabosil and polyester resin which makes the center console now ready for gelcoat. :cheers:

electronic box with first layers of gloss white enamel. the bumps on top were from pollen wich luckily fell onto it after it dried.

October 22, 2012, 07:20:01 PM
Reply #33

marcoislander23

• Information Offline
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »

also forgot to post this picture of all our gelcoat and painting tools the cup guns and the airbrush have automotive finish tips in them and will be used for the outside hull awlgrip and the interior gunnels awl grip. the airbrush is gonna be used for the outboard motor cowl and light touch ups around the hull after the paint job. we might do a design on the hull with it  :shock:

October 22, 2012, 08:17:15 PM
Reply #34

saltfly

• Information Offline
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »
Hey marcois great job. Just got to looking, and wanted to ask you. And plase don’t thank I’m nit picking. But are those air bubbles in your glass work on the 2x6s? Where the glass looks white. If it is, you may want to conserder grinding them out now and fill. Condensation can build up in those bubbles and cause rot later down the road. Your doing a great job and I would hate to see rot start later when you can get to it now. I know their for support for your T top, but fixing a potential problem now would be better then the alterative. :thumleft:

October 22, 2012, 08:19:50 PM
Reply #35

fishinonthebrain

• Information Offline
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »

also forgot to post this picture of all our gelcoat and painting tools the cup guns and the airbrush have automotive finish tips in them and will be used for the outside hull awlgrip and the interior gunnels awl grip. the airbrush is gonna be used for the outboard motor cowl and light touch ups around the hull after the paint job. we might do a design on the hull with it  :shock:

What are you going to spray the webbing solution on? How will that look? I see you have some blue tint and white gelcoat where are you going to paint light blue?
1987 222CCP current rebuild.

October 22, 2012, 09:56:52 PM
Reply #36

marcoislander23

• Information Offline
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
Quote from: "saltfly"
Hey marcois great job. Just got to looking, and wanted to ask you. And plase don’t thank I’m nit picking. But are those air bubbles in your glass work on the 2x6s? Where the glass looks white. If it is, you may want to conserder grinding them out now and fill. Condensation can build up in those bubbles and cause rot later down the road. Your doing a great job and I would hate to see rot start later when you can get to it now. I know their for support for your T top, but fixing a potential problem now would be better then the alterative. :thumleft:
Thanks for picking that out. yes we are going to grind them out and fill or possibly lay another layer of just 1.5 oz mat. they will also later be coated in gelcoat to prevent water penetration.

October 22, 2012, 10:00:47 PM
Reply #37

marcoislander23

• Information Offline
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Quote from: "fishinonthebrain"

What are you going to spray the webbing solution on? How will that look? I see you have some blue tint and white gelcoat where are you going to paint light blue?

We are going to gelcoat the deck white then spray on the black webbing. the livewell will be gelcoated light blue. the gunnels and outside hull will be sprayed in awl grip which we do not have yet.
p.s. good eye catching the blue tint

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal