Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: 200 Osprey Rigging / Chase Tubes???  (Read 2653 times)

April 29, 2011, 10:37:29 PM
Reply #15

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: 200 Osprey Rigging / Chase Tubes???
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »
Well, CB asked me to chime in...

Often, you have to go aft to go forward.  Same thing I had to do on the doc's little Renegade to install the forward speakers...

Rigging tube aft, then under the gunnels forward.  5' as the crow flies, 22' and 24' feet of wire...that's just the deal.  Sometimes, like on Lonnie's 23 SeaCraft, you can find gaps in between the deck and the stringers...

Total run from the console?  About 8'.  

All boats are different, and in the 200 Osprey, well, it is what it is.  Aft to go forward...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

April 29, 2011, 10:38:12 PM
Reply #16

Aswaff400

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »
Quote from: "wessnapp"
First and foremost - THANK YOU for all your input.  It is much appreciated!!

@ Aswaff400:  Initially I wanted to install the speakers where you installed yours but I am afraid I will beat the hell out of both the back of the speakers and the tips/guides of my rods.  Have you had any issues with that?  However, I had not considered the wash down aspect.....damn I am now confused.....

My office is at the corner of Gandy & Westshore.  I just moved from Tampa Heights to St. Pete/Shore Acres to be specific.   I just might reach out to you for a hand in a couple of weeks....or whenever my order is shipped.

By the way - the direction your boat is heading is right for one of my favorite winter fishing spots. :wink:

@ gran398: I actually followed you on the last post!  Tomorrow, after a few passes over some local flats for Reds(fishing comes first), it's boat inspection time.  Going to use some Fiberglass wiring snakes to poke around and locate directions I can go.  I also want to apologize for the confusion earlier with "aft".  The day I started this thread, I had just had a long conversation about where the power-pole pump would be installed.  My bad.

no flippin way! i live in shore acres also!  :cheers:

that second pic SB posted is what is thinking when the forward deck was mentioned. just dont like the idea of salt water, let alone water soaking the speakers when rinsing the deck down
Aaron
1996 200 Osprey SOLD
1968 22-2 Flatback SOLD
1993 210 Explorer SOLD
1991 Fountain 31TE SOLD
1989 Fountain 12-meter SOLD
1992 Talon F-20 SOLD
2021 Fountain 38TE QUAD 400's

April 29, 2011, 10:51:27 PM
Reply #17

wessnapp

• Information Offline
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »
Bob, I was terrified someone would confirm that  :cry:  :puker:   Tomorrow morning's fishing will involve a lot of meditation and re-grouping.

Aswaff400, while I don't have the luxury of living on the water - I do love the area.  Although they just started the drainage repair directly across the street from us and now we get to sleep to the melodic thumping of the generator pumping water out for god knows how long.
St. Petersburg, Florida

Aquasport 200 Osprey Tournament Master w/150 Johnson
http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv243/wsnapp/Aquasport/
http://www.theaquasportboatclub.com

April 29, 2011, 11:18:14 PM
Reply #18

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 11:18:14 PM »
Ah, you guys need to get the hell out of Pinellas!!  Was at the doc's office Wed morn, watching Baynews9, saw that dwelling fire at the corner, more or less, of Starkey and Ulmerton...OMFG, traffic must have been fun!!!

And remember the little traffic accident on the Howard Franklin where a guy with a backpack full of money jumped into the bay about a month ago?  I was in that mess!!!  Every LEA was on the bridge, Hillsborough, Pinellas, St. Pete, Tampa PDs, FHP, chopper circling, all just looking over the bridge.  I was going to Taco on Gandy, thought if I left a little late, I could avoid the crap around Erlich/Waters on the Veterans...wrong was I!!!!! :x  :x

Corner of 520 and A1A...

April 30, 2011, 12:16:06 AM
Reply #19

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 12:16:06 AM »
Wess,

No need to apologize for anything...if you stick around you'll see, we're family here. Get some fish, and bring them to the reunion!

SB...glad CB called you in...sometimes need to go aft to go forward...or forward to go aft...path of least resistance. THANKS for the pics.

Glad we got her done.

Wess, based on input, go forward with confidence. Pull the wires to near the speaker placement. Leave some extra.  Measure the holes, measure them again, cut the speaker holes, install.

Add the Barry White, etc., etc....

8)

April 30, 2011, 06:49:43 PM
Reply #20

Aswaff400

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
Quote from: "seabob4"
Ah, you guys need to get the hell out of Pinellas!!  Was at the doc's office Wed morn, watching Baynews9, saw that dwelling fire at the corner, more or less, of Starkey and Ulmerton...OMFG, traffic must have been fun!!!

And remember the little traffic accident on the Howard Franklin where a guy with a backpack full of money jumped into the bay about a month ago?  I was in that mess!!!  Every LEA was on the bridge, Hillsborough, Pinellas, St. Pete, Tampa PDs, FHP, chopper circling, all just looking over the bridge.  I was going to Taco on Gandy, thought if I left a little late, I could avoid the crap around Erlich/Waters on the Veterans...wrong was I!!!!! :x  :x

and that is the reason why i drive the boat to work every now and then... i get there quicker too
Aaron
1996 200 Osprey SOLD
1968 22-2 Flatback SOLD
1993 210 Explorer SOLD
1991 Fountain 31TE SOLD
1989 Fountain 12-meter SOLD
1992 Talon F-20 SOLD
2021 Fountain 38TE QUAD 400's

May 03, 2011, 10:22:49 AM
Reply #21

wessnapp

• Information Offline
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
Well, on Saturday I realized that the wind wouldn't allow me to fish the way I wanted to so I dove into the CC and fought my fears of dealing this with this.

Inside the CC I have 4 batteries; 2 Crank Batteries on a switch and 2 trolling motor batteries.  

I pulled out the front trolling battery to try to get better access to what I thought was the only access which is where the live well drainage runs and some other tubing.  I had no luck and then got pissed and pulled out the second trolling battery and the back up crank battery to find a wonderful surprise! :cheers:  A second access point!!  Quickly I sprung to action and ran my flex sticks from gunwale

to the CC access point

From there it was an easy job.  I ran 50' of rope from the bow to the CC so I can run whatever I want from now on!!

And if you can believe this - after doing all that work and spending so much time in the CC, I believe I have decided to put my speakers in the CC after all.   :scratch:   I really didn't think I had room for them, but turns out I do.  The head unit I got can power 4 speakers and if I need to add more, I now can easily add them to the forward gunwales.  

SO - now I have cut the speaker holes, which I am not too thrilled about doing.  The speakers are leaving about 3/16" from cut out to center of screw hole so if I am off by millimeters, I will mess it up.  GGRRRR :evil:

To answer my original question:  The year 2000 Osprey 200 does have access points under the CC which allows an easy run forward....(without having to go back  :lol: )
St. Petersburg, Florida

May 03, 2011, 11:07:09 AM
Reply #22

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
Wess,

Good deal on the speakers. :thumleft:

I will make a suggestion.
Replace the wing nuts on the battery posts with a fiber lock nuts of the same size. This is common practice among boaters who like to limit battery charging errors and electrical problems stemming from loose connections. Wing nuts are popular, somewhat easy to tighten, work as long as you check them routinely (think all the time) and can come loose making boating life a little less fun.

Fiber lock nuts do all the good things above and only require your regular electrical connection cleaning maintenance. Your battery case will split before they come loose.

Just a suggestion. :idea:

Good luck.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

May 03, 2011, 12:18:52 PM
Reply #23

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 12:18:52 PM »
Wes,
First, congrats!!  Second, bet you don't have much storage room in the console... :lol:  :lol:

Third, CB is spot on with the Nyloc suggestion... :thumleft:  :thumleft:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

June 01, 2011, 09:47:09 AM
Reply #24

wessnapp

• Information Offline
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 09:47:09 AM »
In the interest of updates, I replaced the wing nuts - thanks for the tip!
St. Petersburg, Florida

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal