Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Dash switch ID  (Read 521 times)

October 03, 2018, 09:42:25 AM
Read 521 times

Relocator

• Information Offline
Dash switch ID
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »
I have a new to me 1996 Aquasport 245 Explorer that I've been extremely happy with. Was on the boat all day Sunday. This morning I go to switch on the fish box pumpout to get rid of the rain water, and I have no power. Batteries are dead. I'm pretty sure something was left on, but all toggles were off. The only toggle that I don't know what it does (while batteries are dead anyway) is the one on the right side of the dash, between tach, water pressure, trim, and volt gauges. It has 3 positions- right, middle and left. Where should it be positioned, and what does it do?
Thanks in advance.

October 03, 2018, 03:01:06 PM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: Dash switch ID
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
You are correct. It is a three position switch. They are usually mounted vertically with the middle being "off", up being "on" and down being "auto". This would typically be associated with a bilge pump but...…

Without a pic, hard to tell what it may be. Possibly installed by the PO. :ScrChin:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

October 03, 2018, 07:53:48 PM
Reply #2

Relocator

• Information Offline
Re: Dash switch ID
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 07:53:48 PM »
Actually talked to the PO this afternoon. The switch is for the batteries to check voltage. Right click checks one, left click checks the other.
He also let me know that all other toggles in the lower row should be down for off... except for the navigation light toggle. I think my boys flipped them all down when we left. In bright sunshine, never noticed when we left. I removed the batteries and brought them home to charge. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal