You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1999 215 DC rear deck replacement  (Read 1030 times)

July 10, 2011, 05:50:45 PM
Read 1030 times

KimK

• Information Offline
1999 215 DC rear deck replacement
« on: July 10, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
I am going to have to deal with a soft floor on the boat I bought last summer.  I really love this boat and have put a lot of elbow grease into itto get it looking good.  Also bought a new Loadrite 5 star trailer underneath it.  Everything ig going well except for the floor.  I have diligently scoured all 23 pages to see what has been done on the boats that many of you have rebuilt.  This has been a great inspiration for me and it looks as though I might have to sacrifice some seasonal enjoyment to get cracking on the job.  I am handy and have replaced a transom on my last boat (1996 Starcraft 19').  I have a few questions to help me think this through before I dive right on in.

If I use a die grinder to cut the floor, can I save the deck surface, peel if off of the material underneath?

How can I get a diagram of the stringer system or do you have a suggestion for knowing where to cut?

I am also thinking of doing away with the fish boxes even though I just replaced the the pump with an original model ordered through California.  Since am a neat freak, i can't stand the constant cleaning of them.  

Sorry for the lengthy posting.  Any thoughts or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

March 02, 2020, 07:19:43 PM
Reply #1

Chazz1922

• Information Offline
Re: 1999 215 DC rear deck replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
I just purchased a 1998 215 dc, My floor is solid as of right now but for future reference. I was wondering if you did get any answers to your deck and stringer questions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal