You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: New guy intro's and what is my boat?  (Read 952 times)

August 09, 2010, 01:26:59 AM
Read 952 times

jcnailen

• Information Offline
New guy intro's and what is my boat?
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »
Hey everyone.  I have been reading your forum with great enthusiasm - sort of.  While waiting for my membership to be approved, I found out a little more about my boat.  I did a vin search on the Coast Guard site.  My vin starts with SSF, and ends with 74.  Ok, so it's a 1974.  But it also says its an Aquatech, not an Aquasport.  It was getting really confusing when I would mention "Aquatech" and someone would say "Oh yeah, Aquasport".  I would say "No, Aquatech.".  They would reply with "Well, it's made by Aquasport".

All along I thought I had a Aquasport 170.  But glancing through your online photo gallery I see a few differences.  For instance, in the bow, mine comes to a point in the cockpit, where a 170's is flat and has a hatch.  Also my large fore hatch is hinged at the front, and the 170 is hinged on the side.  The 170 seems to have strakes, where mine doesn't.  Also looks like the  gunwales are cut out for rod holders, and mine are smooth.  Also was told it was 19 feet, but is 16' 9" (which is why I thought it was the 170 - 17')

Anyway, here is a link to my photobucket album of my $200 project boat from the day I dragged it home to today.  It's come along way.  It was just a hull.  I have built the console, filled holes, repaired transom, laid some carpet, painted the topside than masked it off to sand/paint the bottom side.  If I had to do over again, I would have scrapped the carpet idea and gone with spray in bed liner (white).

Please have a look.  Tell me what you think about the whole Aquatech vs. Aquasport debate.  And comments are appreciated on my work thus far.

The boat will be used for my non-profit volunteer group "Water Watch".  We clean litter, dead fish, logs, and other floating debris from area rivers, lakes, and reservoirs to keep Mississippi waterways beautiful and safe for boaters, tubers, and skiers.

http://s954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24 ... ay%20Boat/

******  ALSO:  I really like the bow rails for the Aquasport 170, I think they would look great on my boat.  Does anyone have one for sale?  Or, know where to get them?

Fair winds,
-Jason

August 09, 2010, 05:07:41 AM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Online
  • Administrator
Re: New guy intro's and what is my boat?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:07:41 AM »
Welcome aboard JC  :!:  :!:
Yup, I think you've figured it out - not an Aquasport.  But it looks like you're doing a good job bringing her back into service  :salut:
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

March 11, 2015, 02:08:33 PM
Reply #2

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: New guy intro's and what is my boat?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 02:08:33 PM »
Found while cleaning up.

Only post and he hasn't visited in almost 5 years (duh).....

His link to PB is still active and the boat is interesting.

Hey, they both start with Aqua................
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal