Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Has anyone removed the tackle center from the Osprey 175?  (Read 466 times)

September 01, 2017, 03:38:41 PM
Read 466 times

doyle007

• Information Offline
Has anyone removed the tackle center from the Osprey 175?
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »
Hello all.

I am having some electrical issues, so I want to check all of my switches, etc. on the console, as they are about the only thing that I have not checked while tracking down the electrical gremlins.  The problem is that there is no room under the console for my hands, let alone a place to allow me to see the back of the switches.

It looks like I have two options to get in there : the first is to remove the steering wheel and throttle lever, and then take up the black cover that holds the switches.  The second option would be to remove the plywood box that makes up the tackle center, which will give me a good amount of room.

I am leaning towards the removal of the tackle center on the port side of the console, and I would like to find out if anyone has done this same thing.  It looks like I need to remove all of the trim, and then unscrew the box from the console, but some of the screws are going to be hard to access, so before I do it I want to see if I will be getting myself into trouble.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joe

September 01, 2017, 06:20:50 PM
Reply #1

boatnamesue

• Information Offline
  • Jason
Re: Has anyone removed the tackle center from the Osprey 175?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
Before you go taking things apart, what electrical issues are you experiencing in particular?   And posting a picture of the console area you need to access would be helpful.   
---------------
Jason
1976 AS 170
1998 S115TLRW

September 20, 2017, 10:08:09 PM
Reply #2

clop52

• Information Offline
Re: Has anyone removed the tackle center from the Osprey 175?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
Hello all.

I am having some electrical issues, so I want to check all of my switches, etc. on the console, as they are about the only thing that I have not checked while tracking down the electrical gremlins.  The problem is that there is no room under the console for my hands, let alone a place to allow me to see the back of the switches.

It looks like I have two options to get in there : the first is to remove the steering wheel and throttle lever, and then take up the black cover that holds the switches.  The second option would be to remove the plywood box that makes up the tackle center, which will give me a good amount of room.

I am leaning towards the removal of the tackle center on the port side of the console, and I would like to find out if anyone has done this same thing.  It looks like I need to remove all of the trim, and then unscrew the box from the console, but some of the screws are going to be hard to access, so before I do it I want to see if I will be getting myself into trouble.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joe

Doyle,

I've done this very exact thing. 

-Yes, remove the teak plugs with a very small screw driver.  These plugs hide the nuts and bolts that hold the trim in place.
-Remove the trim, behind the trim you will have three inch screws holding the tackle box in place.
-Make sure you support the tackle box from the inside with a 4x4 or something so it doesn't mess up your center console as you are loosing up the screws.

I took mine out to redo the entire wiring in my boat. Now, i have so much space, i have decided that i do not want to put the box back in there.  I am going a second battery, so i am going to use the space anyway.

Hope this helps.

Cesar
1989 Osprey 175
Yamaha 115TLRR

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal