Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Need Tach for 2001 A.S 250 Explorer. Yamana v250 Saltwater Series OX66 FI  (Read 416 times)

July 17, 2017, 03:25:59 PM
Read 416 times

Ramtuff924

• Information Offline
Again not sure if this is the  right area to post this but need a tachometer for my boat mine definitely not working hoping to find one that I can just disconnect mine plug a new one in and it will be fine.  Boat info in subject line

John

July 18, 2017, 11:11:21 PM
Reply #1

boatnamesue

• Information Offline
  • Jason
Is your bad yamaha tach round or square?  The older style round gauges most often can be repaired.  This is because the innards of the gauge function correctly, but either the back reflector and/or polarizer lens is damaged, and/or the front plastic screen is damaged making the digital readout impossible to see.  The previous mentioned defects can be repaired/replaced.  However, if the LCD is fried than there is no fixing the gauge.

www.gaugesaver.com is a yamaha repair business started by a THT member.  You can send him your gauge to assess if it's repairable.  If so, it costs you $50 plus shipping back and forth.  If not repairable, he'll buy the gauge from you for $25 to use for spare parts for his business.  He does an excellent job.  He also has refurbished gauges that look brand new for sale if you don't want to send in your bad gauge.

Otherwise, your other 2 options are to buy a new one ($250-$300) or buy a used one.  Ebay is a good website to find used gauges.  The older style round gauge is compatible with your engine.
---------------
Jason
1976 AS 170
1998 S115TLRW

July 20, 2017, 10:33:10 PM
Reply #2

Ramtuff924

• Information Offline
Jason. Thank you so much for your reply, went to that site you suggested spoke with Eric last night my tach is already in route to Florida to be repaired thank you very much again I definitely appreciate it hope I can help you sometime with something

July 21, 2017, 11:27:56 PM
Reply #3

boatnamesue

• Information Offline
  • Jason
Jason. Thank you so much for your reply, went to that site you suggested spoke with Eric last night my tach is already in route to Florida to be repaired thank you very much again I definitely appreciate it hope I can help you sometime with something

Awesome, glad I could be helpful. 
---------------
Jason
1976 AS 170
1998 S115TLRW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal