Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Process for replacing fuel line between tank and filter  (Read 420 times)

March 06, 2019, 12:21:44 PM
Read 420 times

doyle007

• Information Offline
Process for replacing fuel line between tank and filter
« on: March 06, 2019, 12:21:44 PM »
I am thinking of projects that I should probably do before I launch in a few weeks up here in balmy 26 degree southern NJ.  One of the items that I think that I should handle, although I have not had any issues in the three seasons that I have owned the boat, is to replace the fuel line that is between the tank and the fuel filter that is in the stern on my 1989 175 Striper.  I figure that it is about a seven foot run.

Now, I am thinking that I will cut the hose on the side that is on the barb coming out of the fuel tank, and insert a brass fuel line mender so that the old and new hose both have something to bite on and connect them, and then slowly and carefully pull the old and new lines from the stern, under the deck, and up through the hatch that I have on the starboard corner of the stern.  I would then feed it out through the rubber boot and attach to the fuel filter housing.  I am not expecting much trouble with this process, but am I over simplifying this process?  Has anyone done this on this model and is there anything in the way that I should consider?

Lastly, I believe that the A1 rating is fine for ethanol based fuel, so that is what I was planning on, but let me know if you have any specific brands or ratings that I should look for.

Thanks guys.

March 06, 2019, 05:35:58 PM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: Process for replacing fuel line between tank and filter
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 05:35:58 PM »
That sounds like a plan.  I replaced the fuel line in my 230 from tank to filter and pretty much did it the same way.  I didn't have to go far between being able to touch it though. When I went from the filter across the boat and up on deck to the motor was more of a workout.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal