Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Trailers

slides vs carpet

(1/2) > >>

delmarvaed:
I am rebuilding the bunks on my trailer to haul my 175.  does anyone have experience with slides?  i have seen some talk that they can damage the gelcoat. 
thanks

RickK:
Welcome aboard Ed !! 
Bunks are fine for boats, its the rollers that seem to be bad.
Bunk type trailers are better used on launch sites that have gentle slopes that allow the boat to float off the trailer.
The use of rollers is usually for steep non - concrete ramps, and large tide swings - maybe like the kind you have in your neck of the woods.

So if the bunks are located under the stringers in the boat, you're golden.

Capt. Bob:
I'm thinking the concern was geared toward a product like a PVC/Starboard runner (think "Slick Sticks") mounted to the bunk top.  :salut:

https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Bunk-Glides-48/dp/B00CXADP34/ref=asc_df_B00CXADP34/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312062016371&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9746791218511103143&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011578&hvtargid=pla-597858805566&psc=1

Of course I may be a bit outside on my thought.

delmarvaed:
The question is about the plastic slides/ slicks/ glides that many are using.  Ezloader sells them to put over the carpet but it was a distributor that mentioned they may damage gelcoat.

Capt. Bob:
I would think they could if they became sun damaged as in rough surfaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version