Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Electronics

aquasport 170 chartplotter/fishfinder

(1/5) > >>

Bat21:
going to the new york boat show in January and and was going to purchase a chartplotter/fishfinder for my 170, i use the boat for fishing mostly in long island sound with a max depth of 100'. any recommendations ?  is a 7" screen to big for this boat?

RickK:
Get the specks on the combo unit you're interested in and cut a cardboard replica of it and set it on the console to see if you'll have any room left. I bought one that was taller than wide and fit it into the corner of the windshield.  Also make sure the unit has built in GPS antenna.  I bought a Garmin GPSMap 547xs (can't believe it's discontinued already  :03: ) - it has a 5" screen and it's plenty big enough for a small boat.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/119850

BradC:
Opinion alert- I don't believe it's a function of the size of your boat more than it's a function of your age and eyesight :old01:

I have a 7" SI unit on my kayak as well as  7" and 5" on my 17' Osprey ... it lets me see all the fish I can't catch  :41:

Irrespective of size, get a colour unit. Good luck

Bat21:
thankyou for the replies. brad u wouldn't have a picture of the 7" unit mounted on your console, do u???

Brendanpd28:
I have the simrad Go7 on my 170 and love it. 7” screen. This is the best pic I have right now. Hope it helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version