Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: 1985 222 CCP Rebuild Looking for Direction  (Read 2294 times)

September 25, 2014, 02:04:02 AM
Read 2294 times

aqua1967

• Information Offline
1985 222 CCP Rebuild Looking for Direction
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:04:02 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the forum , just bought a 1985 AS 222 CCP, previous owner removed the complete floor, when I went to get the boat everything was piled inside, fuel tank, center console, junk. Anyways I cleaned it up and now I'm planning to raise the transom and of course set the floor. I don't know any one in my area who owns a CCP to get an idea were things go and measurements such as distance from transom to rear of console, were the hatches go (I guess could get creative) and improve some other folks complains about like buildge access, battery(s) location, baitwell, rear floor drains/scoops height.  This boat has a coffin, I've seen pictures it goes in front of console, there is a drain still hooked to a hose they cut around when floor was removed, Were does that drain go once I set the floor? is it for the coffin or floor?  Also There is a "tub" between the stringers towards the middle of hull, it has two straps  like it's to cradle the fuel tank? is this correct? I've seen here in the forum a few that the fuel tank is under the console foamed between stringers, I like the "tub" idea but, is this the tank location?

Any comments, advices, criticism, pictures, etc. greatly appreciated.
Thanks

September 25, 2014, 08:05:41 AM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1985 222 CCP fuel tank location and other
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 08:05:41 AM »
Quote from: "aqua1967"
 This boat has a coffin, I've seen pictures it goes in front of console, there is a drain still hooked to a hose they cut around when floor was removed, Were does that drain go once I set the floor? is it for the coffin or floor?

Drain is for the coffin box (aka fish box). Look inside the coffin and you will see the drain. That sits over the drain that was in the deck. It is plumbed to a thru hull drain on the starboard side hull about amidships.

Quote from: aqua1967
 Also There is a "tub" between the stringers towards the middle of hull, it has two straps  like it's to cradle the fuel tank? is this correct? I've seen here in the forum a few that the fuel tank is under the console foamed between stringers, I like the "tub" idea but, is this the tank location?V

Yes, that "tub" houses an 85 gallon fuel tank. Look in the "tank forum" for install details.

You will find a lot of information throughout this rebuild forum aimed directly at your model. I have photos of "your deck"(84 CCP) and will post as I come across them. Still there are plenty here now.

Good luck.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

September 25, 2014, 08:09:37 AM
Reply #2

Keith Knecht

• Information Offline
    • http://MinnowsandMonsters.com
Re: 1985 222 CCP fuel tank location and other
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
My son has a 222 CCP in Tampa that you could get some measurements from if you'd like.  The tub towards the middle of the boat with the straps should be the location for the gas tank.  The drain for the coffin goes in the deck underneath it. It is a drain for the coffin and usually empties to a through hull fitting. Batteries should go inside the console although that was not their original location. The front of the console is usually close to the front of the tub for the fuel tank although you could move it foward a little ways and not hurt anything.  Just make sure that you have enough room not to be cramped getting around the front of the coffin.

September 25, 2014, 08:52:28 AM
Reply #3

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1985 222 CCP Rebuild Looking for Direction
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Several pics to get you orientated.

This is the deck drain for the coffin box. Note access pie plate for drain hose attachment/replacement and mounting brackets.

This is the forward deck with coffin box removed.Note the mounting brackets for the coffin box and the opening for the factory hatch.

Helm. Note fuel tank cover, factory pedestal seats and console location. Cover runs the length of fuel "tub".

View from Helm toward stern. Note "transom robbing" splash well configuration.

Transom with factory live well. Note open areas above and on each side of well (to the left and right of upper deck plate). These are the original battery box locations.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

September 26, 2014, 12:28:33 AM
Reply #4

aqua1967

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 12:28:33 AM »
Thanks so much for all replies and pictures, although a little confused about location of fuel tank tub, the way mine is sitting now seems to be under the cuffin, and I see in Bob's picture the fuel tank lid is between the console and the transom splash well.
Capt. I'm sorry sir, need your help again, I uploaded all picture to My Gallery and can't find the way to bring'm here to share.
I have a pic that shows that tub way pasted the rod holder storage compartments.
Thanks again every one.

September 26, 2014, 06:17:06 AM
Reply #5

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »
Thanks so much for all replies and pictures, although a little confused about location of fuel tank tub, the way mine is sitting now seems to be under the cuffin, and I see in Bob's picture the fuel tank lid is between the console and the transom splash well.

That's because it's been cut free from the deck. You will need to reattach it when you glass in the new deck. You can place it back where it belongs.

Capt. I'm sorry sir, need your help again, I uploaded all picture to My Gallery and can't find the way to bring'm here to share.
I have a pic that shows that tub way pasted the rod holder storage compartments.

Go to your Gallery.
Click on the photo you want.
Once that photo is brought up, look to the right and you'll see two boxes highlighted in blue.
Click on the one labeled "Linked Image".
Notice it is no longer highlighted so.....
Press Ctrl + C on your keyboard (that copies the link).
Now go to your post and decide where you wish to place your photo and press Ctrl + V (that pastes the link) and viola...
The link is copied. Now when you submit your post the photo will be right where you want it.

Classic mid 80s style console with crew member.

Good luck.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

September 30, 2014, 11:07:25 PM
Reply #6

aqua1967

• Information Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:25 PM »
Thanks for clarifications on the fuel tank tub, last Saturday went to see Keith's son's 222CCP,, what a machine, took a few measurements but it started pouring and had to go, I got a pretty good idea were things go and so forth. Thanks Keith.
It's being raining non stop in Tampa Bay, my yard is a swamp and haven't been able to do much on the boat.
Here are a few pictures of my project.

October 01, 2014, 08:20:29 AM
Reply #7

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:20:29 AM »
Aqua,
You've got a golden opportunity to set up a CCP with additional room in the stern. That's just what the CCP needs.
Otherwise she's a great platform to work with, easy to power and never fails to get comments at the ramp or in skinny water.
The draft will really surprise you. Keith and Son do indeed have a nice CCP. :wink:

Next time you see Keith, have him sign a copy of his first "novel". He's gone all hip these days(think Amazon.com) and his second book is digital. :thumright:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

October 01, 2014, 03:58:05 PM
Reply #8

Keith Knecht

• Information Offline
    • http://MinnowsandMonsters.com
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
It was great to meet Nelson.  Wish we had some more time together before the storm.  I quote Capt. Bob, "Keith and Son do indeed have a nice CCP. :wink: "  You should know since it was your boat originally.  Thanks again Capt. Bob for many enjoyable hours of time that I have spent with my son on "your" boat.   I'm going to include two shameless links for my books that you can remove if it's against site policy.  The books are written for young adults, but older readers seem to like them just as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Zahwu-Keith-Knech ... ords=zahwu

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Ones-Jungle- ... +lost+ones

October 01, 2014, 05:42:50 PM
Reply #9

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »
My pleasure Keith. I'm glad she's still running. Plugs for a "starving artist" are allowed. :thumright:

Aqua,
If you haven't seen this thread yet, take a look. You may glean a few ideas for your rebuild, save a little time and coin in the splash well area and make putting things back together a little easier.
viewtopic.php?p=90717#p90717

PS....If you wondered where Keith's teak went...look no further. :mrgreen:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

October 01, 2014, 07:55:45 PM
Reply #10

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »

Here's where the teak went :thumright:

JD's professional refit. The difference in the transom area is night and day. If you're going for positive change...this is change you can believe in.

OT:  fine ride Keith and CB :thumright: And CB....JD's teak is deluxe, what a nice gift!

October 10, 2014, 02:09:10 PM
Reply #11

brad2048

• Information Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
Come on Nelson, where are the updates!?

August 23, 2015, 01:55:04 AM
Reply #12

aqua1967

• Information Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »
Hello Capt.Bob, Keith, Gran & Brad,
Finally, back at my CCP after a home remodel we moved in and it's been a slow and expensive process, got my hands on the boat and removed the inside part of the transom rotted wood using a chainsaw, a homemade wire brush, a bent chain-link fence rod and long/cheap drill bits, got'r done and ready for ArJay pourable transom, then will top it off with a 3/4" laminated Kay-Cel board. Will try to not only document but take pictures and of course post here to share with everyone.
Yes, I raised the transom and it will have a door(per wify's request) so no argues there,,,ok. I cut and borrowed the starboard tub's end plate and carefuly measured, centered and laminated it to the transom port side, so far so good I think except for the fiberglass grind itching all over my arms, forgot about the old bertram days  :91:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal